Whats Up with E-Commerce?
Trying to keep with trends in e-commerce from the state of its economic impact to how that affects your business and your future is difficult at best. Impossible, at worst.
I have excerpted an outstanding article below that thoroughly sums up most of what you need to know about doing business today.
This is the vital data you need to make informed business decisions now and in the future. Read on:
Ecommerce Statistics 2021
In a report assessing the impact of Covid-19, the international network of consulting firms, Deloitte reports that “the pandemic is rapidly changing our behavior toward online channels.” The firm adds that this is a shift “likely to stick post pandemic.” For those running some kind of e-commerce business, in dropshipping, Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), or warehousing, this is excellent news.
In this article, we present the latest e-commerce statistics we could find. We find out how many e-commerce sites exist in 2021, the percentage of global sales that happen online, the percentage of goods purchased from China using e-commerce platforms, and other related information.
Table of Contents Briefhide
- 1. Helping Individuals and Decision Makers Make Informed Decisions
- 2. How Many E-commerce Sites Are There in 2021?
- 3. What Percentage of Global Sales Happen Online?
- 4. What Are the Top Reasons People Shop Online?
- 5. What Is the Largest Group of Online Shoppers?
- 6. What Are the Biggest Ecommerce Markets in the World?
- 7. What Percentage of Goods Sold in Ecommerce Come From China?
- 8. What Is the Preferred Payment Method Globally for Online Purchases?
- 9. What Percentage of Online Buyers Purchase Through Their Mobile Phones?
- 10. What Is the Fastest Growing Ecommerce Market in the World?
- 11. What Are the Most Popular Ecommerce Platforms in the World?
- 12. Tips for Finding a Sourcing Agent in China
For the millions of e-commerce websites to conduct their business, they need platforms. Such solutions provide the software that makes it possible to sell and buy online. These platforms have several features, of which the search, basket, and payment features are the most important.
Here are some of the most popular platforms many e-commerce businesses use:
WooCommerce: Estimates indicate that WooCommerce is used by over 4.4 million websites, accounting for a little more than 28% of all online stores.
Square Online Stores: There are an estimated 2 million stores on the Square Online Stores platform.
Shopify: As of January 2021, Shopify facilitates business for over 1 million companies spread across 175 countries.
What Percentage of Online Buyers Purchase Through Their Mobile Phones?
The mobile phone has indeed become an extension of us. Statista reports that “in 2021, 53.9 percent of all retail e-commerce is expected to be generated via m-commerce.” This can be credited to the ease with which consumers can download applications that facilitate purchasing goods from e-commerce stores from anywhere
To read entire article by Sharlene Shaw, click here.